The Fashion Hut has adopted an environmental policy and is protecting the environment by replacing paper invoices with an e-mailed copy. Once you have placed an order you will receive confirmation via e-mail and when your order arrives, rather than receiving a paper invoice with the goods you will receive a credit card sized flyer which has been printed on recycled pulp board and gives you all the information you need.
The Fashion Hut also recycles all its paper and cardboard and shreds all confidential correspondence. Recycling is an excellent way of saving energy and conserving the environment.
Making small steps to improving environmental performance at work is easy. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:-
* Use double sided printing for correspondence, reports, meeting minutes etc.
* Add a message to the bottom of all your emails which says “Don’t print this email out unless absolutely necessary”
* Reuse scrap paper for taking notes or telephone messages
* Look at your purchasing policy, for example, buy recycled or recycled content paper instead of virgin paper
* If you have a water fountain – bring in your own glass or bottle and keep refilling this rather than using disposable plastic cups
* Reuse envelopes for internal circulation
* Use notice boards or email rather than sending paper memos to all staff
* Switch of lights and machinery when not in use
* Only boil the required amount of water in the kettle
For more information on how to help the environment please visit Recyclenow.com
Be smart, go green!